Friday, May 14, 2010

And More Goodies...

Ok, everyone knows about Project Gutenberg...we just printed off This Country of Ours by H.E. Marshall to add to our reading with the Paths curriculum.  You knew I'd keep hunting, didn't you?  I can never just get a curriculum and leave it as it stands.  No, I'm weird.  Gotta always tweak and adjust.

Well, after This Country of Ours, I moved along to The Baldwin Project and The Story of The Worlds, by M.B. Synge.  The second volume, The Discovery of New Worlds, has a lot of good reading for explorers, including more on Columbus.  The first volume, On The Shores of The Great Sea, we've already read through with some ancient history.  There are 5 volumes...(3) The Awakening of Europe, (4)The Struggle for Sea Power (5)Growth of The British Empire.

As we move on through Paths, we'll go back and grab other books...James Otis...Richard of Jamestown is a fun reader for the youngers.

I'll probably add more to this post as I wind through the various books available at The Baldwin Project.

A Moral Alphabet is fun...goofy, but fun...
America First...
American History Stories, Vol I  II  III  IV...
A First Book in American History...
Historical Tales, Vol I  II...there are also volumes on Greek, Spanish, Roman, Japanese, English, German, etc.
Several volumes of Streams of History by Ellwood W. Kemp

No comments: