Monday, January 11, 2010

Novel Study: Robinson Crusoe

Ok, I admit it.  I've never read all the way through Robinson Crusoe.  I have CliffNote'd it in school, but never taken the book and simply enjoyed reading for the sake of reading.

I'm gathering goodies to use for a novel study with the children.  There was a television series year before last or so based loosely on the book.  We enjoyed the Netflix movies when we got them, but I doubt there is a strong similarity to the actual Defoe novel.

Here's where I'm at so far -- I will  be adding ideas and resources to this same post as I really get into the unit and plan things out more, so check back.  I will link it in the side bar for easier access.

Heart of Wisdom's  Lesson Plans

Robinson Crusoe & Island of Despair mini study

Reading A to Z site's Robinson Crusoe

An Island Survivor unit

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thanks for sharing these links. I found a few more when putting together our Robinson Crusoe Unit Study for Robinson Crusoe Day.

For a one day type study, we found listening to the free Robinson Crusoe Written Anew for Children from librivox a good way to spend a school day (it's only 3hrs 40 min vs the 11 hours of the original), and appropriate for a multi-age homeschool. My olders will go back and listen to the original version, but James Baldwin's intepretation is captivating